This is not my recipe. I got it from www.theknead4speed.com and give her all the credit. I tried to link the site, but it's not working.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Buttercream
Flourless Peanut Butter Cake:
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup neutral-flavored vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cake pans with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together peanut butter, sugar, milk, oil, egg yolks, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Thoroughly clean and dry mixing beaters. In a small separate mixing bowl, whip egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold egg whites into rest of ingredients until well-incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly between cake pans. Bake for about 24 minutes. Remove cake from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- To prepare buttercream frosting, beat butter until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and beat until creamy. Add chocolate and vanilla.
- Gently flip one cake over onto serving plate. Frost top of bottom layer. Gently flip out second layer over the first. Frost entire cake and decorate as desired