Keep in mind, these are all made using a bread machine, most of them just used the dough cycle.
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 quarts boiling water
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Place water, salt, sugar, flour and yeast in the bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, let dough rest on a lightly floured surface. Meanwhile, in a large pot bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Stir in 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cut dough into 9 equal pieces, and roll each piece into a small ball. Flatten balls. Poke a hole in the middle of each with your thumb. Twirl the dough on your finger or thumb to enlarge the hole, and to even out the dough around the hole. Cover bagels with a clean cloth, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle an ungreased baking sheet with cornmeal. Carefully transfer bagels to boiling water. Boil for 1 minute, turning half way through. Drain briefly on clean towel. Arrange boiled bagels on baking sheet. Glaze tops with egg white, and sprinkle with your choice of toppings.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degrees C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until well browned.
Parmesan French Bread
- 3/4 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/4 c. bread flour
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
- vegetable oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. water
- sesame seeds
Add first 6 ingredients to the bread machine in order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle and allow to complete.
3/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons water
1 large egg
1/4 cup buter
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 1/3 cups bread flour
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
1/2 cup toasted nuts -- chopped
1/4 cup brown sugar -- packed
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 teaspoons milk
Add dough ingredients to the bread machine pan in the order suggested
byyour manufacturer. Select the dough/manual cycle. When cycle is
complete, remove dough from machine to a lightly floured surface. If
necessary, knead in enough flour to make dough easy to handle. If dough is
too elastic, cover and let rest for 10 minutes before shaping. Meanwhile,
for filling, mix together the nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter.
Divide dough in half. Roll half of dough into a 9x8-inch rectangle. Spread
with half of the filling mixture. Beginning at long end, roll up tightly
like a jelly roll. Pinch seam to seal. With sharp knife, cut into 6 equal
slices. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Place all the rolls, cut
sides up, into one greased 9x9x2-inch
Cover dough and let rise in a warm, draft-free place until almost doubled
in size, 20 to 30 minutes. Bake rolls at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes or
until done. Cool slightly; remove from pan. Drizzle Glaze over warm rolls.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 225 Calories; 4g Fat (14.1%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
23mg Cholesterol; 168mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat;
0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.
Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- 1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp (1 pkt) active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 2 to 2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
Brownie Bread (not very sweet, reminds me of biscotti; thinking a glaze or whipped honey butter would be tasty on this)
Ingredients for a 1 1/2 pound loaf:
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
3 cups bread flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons oil
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup walnut pieces
Bring the water to a boil. Add the cocoa and stir until completely dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
Add the cocoa and all remaining ingredients except the nuts in the order suggested by your manual. Select sweet bread setting. Start.
Add the nuts at the beeper.
- 1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warmed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface.
- Cut dough in half and roll each half out to a 1" thick circle.
- Cut each half into six 3 1/2" rounds with inverted glass as a cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheet far apart and brush with melted butter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.