- 1 1/ 4 pound boneless sirloin steak about 1 inch thick, excess fat trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 large onion sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 bell peppers, 1 red 1 yellow sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 jarred pepperoncinis, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoons parsley
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
Add the garlic to the skillet; once it sizzles, add the onion and bell peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they soften slightly. Add the pepperoncinis, tomatoes, oregano, and red pepper flakes and stir to combine.
Bring to a rapid simmer, then nestle the steak in the the sauce and simmer until medium rare, about 7 minutes, or cook longer for your desired degree of doneness. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Thinly slice the steak against the grain and divide it among plates, top with sauce and parsley. Serve with focaccia or fresh Italian bread if desired.