Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle
- 1 gingerbread cake (9 x 13 size) - can be made from a box mix or from scratch
- 2 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 15 oz. cans pumpkin
- 2/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 16 oz. or 4 cups whipped topping/whipped cream
- chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
Whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla and beat well.
In a trifle bowl or large glass salad bowl, layer the gingerbread, pumpkin mixture, whipped cream....repeat twice more for a total of 3 tiers of 3 layers each. Can garnish with chopped walnuts or pecans.