Wednesday, December 12, 2018

"Instant Pot" BBQ Shredded Beef

My intent last week was to use the crock pot to slow roast a beef roast before shredding and adding other ingredients to make shredded beef for sandwiches, but I forgot to take a roast out of the freezer before leaving for work.  Ah, the dilemma.  But HEY!  I can cook a roast from frozen in the electric pressure cooker!

I had a 3 lb. sirloin tip roast, nice and meaty with no bone and little fat.  I got out my best kitchen knife, cut the frozen roast into chunks and sprinkled with my favorite rub. 

Directions:  Saute some onion in olive oil using the SAUTE function on the pressure cooker, add 1/2 c. beef broth and 1 cup BBQ sauce.  Add meat chunks and gently move them so they are covered with the sauce.  Cover with the lid and seal.  Set timer for 50 minutes and let it cook!

When done, let it release pressure naturally for 15 minutes, then release pressure quickly.  Carefully remove the lid.  Remove meat chunks to a plate to cool slightly, then shred the meat and add back to the pot.  You may want to add more BBQ sauce to taste.

Enjoy!

NOTE:  the liquid in the pot after cooking is watery, but still holds a lot of flavor.  You may choose to drain some of the liquid before adding more BBQ sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment