Sunday, December 9, 2018

Christmas cookie baking 2018: Chocolate Crinkles

We are baking Christmas cookies today!  I'm going to share the recipes we're using.

Chocolate Crinkles are popular, and I previously shared a recipe for them using a cake mix.  Well, we didn't have a cake mix today.  I remember making them from scratch when I was a teen, so I searched my cookbooks until I found the recipe in a Betty Crocker Cooky Book.  Here it is!

Chocolate Crinkles
1/2 c. oil (use melted coconut oil if you don't want vegetable oil)
4 oz. baking chocolate, melted
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. powdered sugar

Mix together oil, baking chocolate, and sugar until well mixed.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix again.  Sift dry ingredients together and add; mix well.  Chill dough until firm, several hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350°F.  Roll 1 Tbsp. of dough into a ball and drop into powdered sugar; roll the ball around until well covered with powdered sugar.  Place balls about 2" apart on a GREASED cookie sheet. 

Bake 10 to 12 minutes.  Cookies may look moist and soft, but do not overbake.  Cool on a rack.

Makes about 6 dozen cookies.

Note:  recipe is easily halved if you don't want 6 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment