Friday, July 27, 2012

MIA

Yes, that's me, Missing In Action.  It's been 8 months since my last blog post.  Since then I've become a grandma to precious Aurora Lynne (born just 16 minutes before Christmas Eve 2011)!




I've also been working more and more to get our diet adjusted completely to being grain-free, and I've found so many recipes for tasty dishes that I wonder how I ever managed to enjoy food before we changed how we ate! 

Canning season starts within the next 2 weeks.  We've had a drought here, but we really worked on our garden (planted with all heirloom seeds) and kept it watered.  So far we've enjoyed strawberries, green onions, some salad greens, and one very small picking of peas, but I know that more peas are waiting out there, followed by zucchini and beans very shortly.  I also planted beets, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, jalepeno peppers, sweet bell peppers, parsnips, kale, cucumbers, tomatoes, potatoes (in barrels!), spaghetti squash, winter squash, and pumpkins. 

Hopefully in November and December I will have a seasonal baking business, selling cakes, cookies, pies, rolls, homemade candies, and more.  Unfortunately, due to Michigan's Cottage Industry Law for food, I cannot send mail orders or sell food across state lines, but I'll be using recipes that I have shared with you in my blog. 

Thank you for staying with me during my hiatus.  I  will do my best to post more recipes for your enjoyment!



No comments:

Post a Comment