Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Easy gazpacho

In my quest to find healthy summer meals that don't heat the kitchen, I found a gazpacho recipe on www.allrecipes.com and tweaked it. It's easy, there is NO cooking involved, and my kids even like it! I must say, it is better after chilling for 24 hours; the flavors blend nicely.



Quick Gazpacho
  • 2 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 1 cucumber, preferably seedless, diced into 1/4 inch cubes (I use my food dicer for this one...so easy!)
  • 1 small bell pepper (green, red, yellow...whatever color), diced into 1/4 inch cubes
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 2 medium garlic cloves, minced (1 tsp.)
  • 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
  • salt and pepper to taste
Process 1/2 can of tomatoes with the water in a blender or food processor until pureed. Add to remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment