Flounder in Lemon Dill Sauce (from www.cdkitchen.com)
- 2 lb. flounder fillets
- 6 Tbsp. margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 good sized onion, thinly sliced
Over medium heat, heat all but the fish in skillet until butter is melted and onions are tender. Add the flounder; cover and cook 8 - 10 minutes until flounder flakes easily; baste occasionally.
Tropical Fruit Slaw
- 3 to 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 20 oz. can pineapple, crushed or tidbits, drained (save juice)
- 1 c. miniature marshmallows
- 1 large firm banana, sliced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 c. diced apple (no need to peel)
- 1 seedless orange, peeled, sectioned, and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. - 2/3 c. vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 c. pineapple juice (from reserved juice)
Whisk together the yogurt and pineapple juice and pour over the cabbage, marshmallows, lemon juice, and fruits. Fold in the yogurt dressing until well mixed. Chill briefly before serving.
Peas & carrots (no recipe, just on the menu)
Lemon Tiramisu Dessert (sort of low carb, can sub Splenda for the sugar if you want)
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. sugar or Splenda
- 6 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 to 2/3 c. ricotta cheese
- 4 to 6 Tbsp. lemon curd (I used homemade, recipe below)
- 1 c. whipped topping
In large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form. Add vanilla and sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in flour in lowest speed, a tablespoon at a time, until completely mixed in. Spread the batter in the baking pan and smooth the top. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Mix ricotta cheese with 1/2 the lemon curd. Add 1/2 c. whipped topping and mix until smooth. Spread over the cooled sponge base. Gently spread the rest of the lemon curd on top of the cheese mixture, then do the same with the remaining whipped topping.
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp. sugar or Splenda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine
Can store in refrigerator in covered container for up to 3 days.