Easy Sesame Beef with Vegetables
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 green onions, with tops, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. (6 cloves) minced garlic
- 2 to 3 tsp. sesame seed
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 - 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 2 stalks celery, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, flowerets trimmed and stalks sliced diagonally, or 1 bag frozen broccoli
Trim fat from beef and slice diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Mix next 6 ingredients and pour 1/3 of it over the beef. Stir until beef is well coated. Refrigerate extra marinade and beef in marinade 30 minutes or overnight (covered).
Cook and stir sesame seed over medium heat until light brown. Remove from skillet.
Heat remaining oil. Add beef and cook until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Heat remaining marinade with cornstarch until thickened while the beef is browning
Add veggies to beef, cover and cook until veggies are crisp tender. Add thickened marinade, stir to mix. Sprinkle lightly browned sesame seeds on top and serve with hot rice.