- 6 to 8 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 1 1/2 quarts)
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into eighths
- 8 to 12 oz. Velveeta (or store brand equivalent), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 1/4 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Cook potatoes and onion in water in a pan until potatoes are just fork-tender.
In another pan over medium low heat, melt and mix the rest of the ingredients.
Drain and pour cooked potatoes & onion into a baking dish and pour sauce over the potatoes. Stir gently to mix.
Bake in 350° oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown on top.
Makes 6 to 10 servings depending on size of appetites.