Thursday, November 10, 2011

De-skunking recipe

Stupid husky. Got it right in the face.

I found this online, and it did the job of getting rid of that sickening smell in just one application. Pretty inexpensive, too.


Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

Here's what I used:

  • 3/4 cup baby shampoo
  • 1/2 box baking soda
  • 1 cup hydrogen peroxide
  • 4 cups water

Mix together in a medium/large mixing bowl (mixture sort of foams up). Sponge on the entire dog (avoid getting in eyes, and mouth and nose) and work in well. Wait 20 minutes before rinsing. It really works. The above amount is enough for a small dog (12" at the shoulder). After this experience, I'm making sure I have an emergency kit on hand.


I loved this mixture, not only because it didn't leave my dog pink like tomato juice does, but because it did the job the first time AND the ingredients were things I already had on hand...no need to buy anything special.

Now to get the smell out of my bathroom...


No comments:

Post a Comment