In order to avoid becoming weary of eating the same old chicken dishes, I've been searching for a large variety of recipes. I already shared some in a post in June 2009 and one in November of 2009, and here are more that I've found since then:
The family RAVES over these!
Yummy Baked Chicken Wings
1/3 c. flour
1 Tbsp. paprika
2 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. black pepper
3/4 to 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (if you'd like some spice)
3 lbs (about 20 - 25) chicken wing segmentsMix flour and seasonings. Put into a plastic bag and add wings. Shake well. Line a pan with foil, spray with cooking spray. Lay wing segments in pan, bake at 425 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes. Serve with BBQ sauce, ranch dressing or any other dip/sauce of your choice.
This is a SUPER simple, SUPER fast dinner to throw together! It does take 30 minutes to bake. My family LOVED it!!! I added a tossed salad and some green beans to round it out.
Bruschetta Chicken Bake
- 1 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced OR 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 6 oz. box chicken flavored stuffing mix
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tomateos with liquid in medium bowl. Add garlic, stuffing mix and water; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside
Place chicken in 13 x 9 baking dish; sprinkle with basil & cheese. Top with stuffing mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Here's a skillet chicken meal that we really enjoyed!
Santa Fe Chicken & Rice
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
- 8 oz. salsa
- 1 8 oz. can corn, drained (I used frozen)
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1/2 c. shredded taco or monterey pepper jack cheese, grated
- 2 c. cooked rice
Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat. Add chicken, cook on medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in salsa, corn and beans and heat through . Sprinkle with cheese. You can also choose to add the rice before sprinkling with cheese. Remove from heat and letset until cheese melts a bit. Serve over the rice if you didn't mix it in.
Chicken and cheese make a great dish for kid appeal:
Cheesy Chicken Lasagna
- 3 Tbsp. margarine
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 4 oz. can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1/3 c. milk
- 16 oz. container cottage cheese
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 to 3 c. cooked chicken, cut up
- 1 8 oz. pkg shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 8 oz. pkg. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Okay, so this one is turkey, but it's still poultry!
Tasty Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs (I use whole wheat)
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid red pepper seasoning (optional)
- black pepper, to taste
- 6 hamburger buns, to serve
Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Shape into 6 patties. Pan-fry, broil, or grill until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Serve in hamburger buns with desired toppings.
My fave toppings: lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, ketchup, and mayo.
Here's a dish that's a bit more elegant than a casserole, and the kids love it too!
Chicken Drumsticks Pierre
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 dashes pepper
- 16 chicken drumsticks
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 2 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 c. water
- 4 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. vinegar (we use white)
- 4 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. celery seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 to 10 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
We like to serve this over hot boiled rice.
Makes 8 servings.
Spicy Chicken Fillet Sandwiches
- 1/3 c. hot sauce (we use Louisiana hot sauce)
- 2/3 c. water
- 1 c. flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 - 8 chicken breast fillets (with our large chickens, I can get 3 - 4 fillets out of one breast half)
- hamburger buns
- mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- lettuce leaves
- sliced tomato
'Tis the season for grilling, and this is our favorite grilling marinade!
Grilled Chicken Legs
- 4 chicken leg quarters, divided into drumsticks and thighs if desired
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. water