Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Delicious Cornbread

Cornbread.  Everyone's mother makes it their own way, I'm sure.  I don't know if my mom just didn't know how to make cornbread or what, but I never liked it.  Cornbread was dry and gritty and just...ugh.  

Then one of my adult sons made his own version of cornbread, using a Jiffy mix.  DELICIOUS!  I'm sure there are many other recipes for this kind of cornbread, but this is one that we put together and enjoyed!

I made it again yesterday to accompany gumbo.  My 1 year old granddaughter decided to make the cornbread her dinner, turning up her nose at chicken & gravy.  She had 3 pieces with her milk!

I didn't really follow a recipe.  My son gave vague instructions, and here is what I did.

Delicious Cornbread
2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 can cream corn (whole corn will work, too)
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
2 eggs
2/3 c. milk

Mix all together.  Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.  Bake at 400°F for 22 - 24 minutes.  

Note: recipe can be halved


No comments:

Post a Comment