I made these this morning and they are DELICIOUS!
- Please read through directions and gather your ingredients before starting to make for smooth mixing.
- I used fresh oranges, zested then used them for juice.
- I made these in my silicone muffin pans and some did not come out easily, likely due to the cranberries sticking a bit.
- This recipe made 17 muffins for me, could have been more if I'd filled the pans 2/3 full instead of 3/4 full
Glazed Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. Greek yogurt (I used vanilla, orange would also be good!)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- zest of 2 oranges
- 1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 1/2 c. fresh or frozen whole cranberries
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. orange juice
Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray two 12 ct. muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners (or use a silicone muffin pan as I did.)
Beat butter on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add sugars and cream with butter until light. Add eggs, yogurt, and vanilla. Beat for 1 minute.
Combine dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients and stir or use lowest speed on mixer until just combined. Add orange juice and milk and mix slowly again. Fold in cranberries.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling about 3/4 full (see notes above recipe.)
Bake for 5 minutes, then without opening oven reduce heat to 350°F and continue baking for 18 - 20 minutes more.
While muffins are cooling on a rack, make glaze by whisking ingredients together. Drizzle over warm muffins.