Festive Pear and Cranberry Tossed Salad
- 8 cups salad greens, torn into bite-sized pieces (a variety of red & green colors is pretty here!)
- 2 large pears, cored and cut up - I used one each red and green D'Anjou pears
- 1 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup pecan chips (chopped pecans)
- 6 to 8 oz. bacon, cut up and cooked
- 4 oz. feta cheese crumbles
- Poppy seed dressing of your choice, or try the homemade recipe below
Toss all but the dressing together. Serve with dressing on the side.
Poppy Seed Dressing (from bettycrocker.com)
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
Whisk first 3 ingredients together until smooth; add poppy seeds and mix well. Serve. Store in refrigerator.