- 6 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbsp.)
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley or 2 Tbsp. dried
- 1 Tbp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. spicy brown mustard
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 lb. pork loin (or other cut) roast or smoked ham roast (not fully cooked)
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Combine garlic, parsley, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and salt.
In a small bowl mix the mustard and olive oil.
Line a shallow roasting pan with aluminum foil, lightly greased or sprayed with cooking spray.
Place pork on foil; spread mustard mixture on sides & top. Sprinkle the garlic & herb mixture over top and sides and press in gently. Insert oven proof meat thermometer near the center of the roast.
Roast in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then reduce oven temp to 325°F and continue roasting for 1 1/4 hrs to 1 3/4 hours until thermometer reads 160°.Remove roast to a platter and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.